Thursday, December 4, 2008

Disenchanting lvl 80 epics???


I saw an odd opportunity today. I've been reading a bunch of different blogs about flipping high level epics, but I am wary of entering into new markets without sufficient history or knowledge. I like sitting on a pile of useless gold even less than I like taking risks though. The way I see it my gold should be working for me instead of sitting in a big pile. So I checked out the high level items on my server today with eye at trying to flip them for a quick profit. I saw a couple of epic chest pieces posted at 250g or so which I thought was odd.

They were crafted, so my guess is that whoever made them powerleveled and forgot that other boneheads were doing the same thing as him. The question though, is whether I buy and repost higher or disenchant and post my first ever elusive abyss crystals.

The price of the armor to me seems ridiculously low, but I don't know for sure. The numbers also could be a little off, because I got them from my laptop that is only update a few times a week at work.

My decision eventually came down to the fact that the market for abyss crystals is and will be larger than the market for frost resist plate gear, and there is no deposit on the auction house for enchanting mats, so I can try and get the highest price I can without worrying about a failed auction.

2 comments:

AJ said...

If I had a main... My server's blacksmiths are going nuts with the undercutting, sharding some of the better priced ones would result in 100g profit at the moment, won't stay that way for too much longer tho, already seeing guilds sharding the 10 man epics so shards are gonna drop off due to supply soon enough.

Off topic, I've spreadsheeted(is that a word?) my server's DE market and there's a massive supply glut in the top end atm, blue shards especially... Lots to be made in the middle though so I'm starting production ;) My numbers are sitting at about 70% of the ones you listed, but I think I can make the margin up by selective purchasing, there's more there than I have time to DE so I'll be grabbing the more profitable from a few bands and see how I do. Pushed chanting to 150 last night via a very profitable flip the night before, we'll see if I've gauged demand correctly tomorrow...

We really need a dedicated forum for this, EJ have theorycrafting tied up but their making AH forum posts suck....

Cuthbert said...

I'm seeing some weird stuff at the moment too. When I went to post auctions this morning I saw that there wasn't a single nether essence or planar essence up on the server. Lesser eternals sell for half the price of greater eternals instead of a third like normal.

A forum is not a bad idea. There might be some other changes coming soon too.